Sunday, August 3, 2014

Choosy Chicks Choose Chicklets Design Challenge Revel, August 3rd

Well, am glad that I was able to be included in the Choosy Chicks Choose Chicklets Design Challenge hosted by Jewel School Friends~, it was definitely a enjoyable one for me! Really love the beautiful colors of the beads. Want to thank Rita for allowing me to join in the challenge, as a late comer...:)
I decided to do something a little bit different, for me, so it did take some thought. I came up with the idea of putting the chicklet beads on ribbon...a medium that I don't often use and I really like the way it turned out.

Have already sold this piece, to one of my co-workers...she was thrilled to get it, she likes it very much! :)
The lovely beads I used with the ribbon

The earrings

A close up of one of the sections and the dangles to weigh down the ribbon in the back

The finished piece

Haberdashery Blog Hop Revel 8-2-14

 Had to think about this one for a while...and hunt up buttons and such and then the buzzing in the brain began!!  Took some thought, but finally came up with a couple of designs that I think turned out pretty well...:)
Enjoyed the 'stretching' of the brain, it certainly was a challenge...hope you like what I did...
Thanks to our hostess, Melissa at Haberdashery

Dainty little earrings
Used raffia paper ribbon covered wire and wire wrapped white Turquoise rondels and Pink/Gold Picasso faceted rounds with three very old buttons for my focal in this piece. Don't know what the buttons are made of for sure, but think the centers are copper (although because of their age, they don't look 'coppery'), if you look at them closely, you'll see tiny silhouettes of what appears to be a bust of Cesar (at least I like to think so!), huh? :)

A close up of the focal buttons
The finished piece

Added a magnetic clasp for easy on/off...

My quirky and fun take on working with 'notions'!

Fits comfortably on the wrist and expands to fit (most) all! :)

I used a stretchy shoelace, five lovely buttons that have silver filigree designs on them with tiny rhinestones in their centers and a scrap piece of purple tulle to finish it with...thought it turned out ok, this was definitely a challenge for me, as I've not used these types of materials much in my beading before now! When I took this one to work to show my co-workers, this was the one they liked...was amazed, as I wasn't as happy with the way this one turned out, as I was with the pink one...:)